The Ecological Land Co-operative’s vision of a living, working countryside is to provide affordable opportunities for ecological land-based livelihoods in England and Wales.
We need agricultural land to create residential smallholdings for new entrants to ecological agriculture; land for anyone who wants to grow healthy food and produce for local communities and we would like to acquire land for at least six new small farms this year. Land for sale is in short supply at the moment and so we are asking for your help.
We are looking for parcels of land which we will protect for ecological agriculture in perpetuity. We would love a donation but can also buy land.
We are looking for land with the following characteristics:
- between 5-40 acres
- with a price under £375,000 in total
- reasonable grade, cultivable land, below 250m
- ideally flat ground, or southern aspect (or SE/SW) ideally limited or no steep slopes!
- has a water connection
- with direct vehicle access off the road
- situated where our development would not seriously affect the visual amenity of others
- and with no overage, claw back or uplift provision attached
If a piece of land does not meet all the criteria we’re still interested in hearing about it.
Search area: Anywhere south of the line from Aberporth to Banbury to Kings Lynn
If you have land to donate or know of land for sale or rent then please get in touch with Stella, our Site Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org